Thursday, September 22, 2011

LOVE MY NEW WORM COMPOSTER!

Worm Dinner
If every meal you serve is half fruits and vegetables like it should be, you have lots of non-meat scraps. I sure do. And living in a small city house, I was searching for a good composting solution.

Then my friend Joanne started talking about her vermicomposters and sent around this link... Last week she brought me a small bin of little worms (they're not Red Wigglers, but they're related to them) in their own bedding. I had their new home all ready for them.

It's day 10 and there's no smell, no real problems at all. And what a thrill to have a place to ditch my scraps that's only 9 steps from the kitchen counter!

Fruits, vegetables, leaves, coffee grounds, paper towels, newspaper. Read the link to find out how to layer it... it's really easy...I've got my own system that I'll share once I know it works...

My soil expert, old college roommate wrote me that "worm poop is like gold!" Hey, I know what I'm giving this Christmas!

Come and get it!
My Lovely Worm Composter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.