Saturday, March 26, 2011

TWO SHORT ENCOURAGING FOODIE VIDEOS

Two videos came to my attention this week. The first one made me smile and give a tweet, but when I realized Alice was watching it over and over again gleaning tons of the info and starting to sing it, I was more impressed. Not sure the Stonyfield folks were aiming at a 13 year old audience, but bet they'll be thrilled to have it.

A marvelous short video arrived in my Facebook feed about how to build a permaculture garden and why.  Many students from UMass Amherst participated and it's well worth watching to see how they're creating the garden from a lawn without killing the lawn with herbicides or digging it up.  I've used this technique in New Hampshire. Definitely works. I'm really looking forward to the next installment of the video which will show them planting.  Enjoy!
If you're interested in learning more about this type of gardening, check out Edible Forest Gardens.  (It has nothing to do with forests as they're usually defined.)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry that the videos are behind my sidebar. It's not intentional and I have NO IDEA how to fix it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.