Wednesday, February 2, 2011

NEW US DIETARY GUIDELINES WORK FOR ME

I was told by a doctor that the secret to a long healthy life and to getting to a normal weight easily was dividing all my meals and snacks into the proportions shown in the picture.  That was last July and I started eating that way immediately.  The results have been great. We'll have to wait and see about the long life part, but my body has changed shape and I don't go around craving food all the time.   Plus I've never enjoyed cooking so much.

I was told these proportions would be the 2010 US Dietary Guidelines.  And they are, more or less.  The 1/2 plate of fruit and vegetables is mentioned over and over in the guidelines.  After that it gets more complicated.   Read Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010.

To listen to an excellent interview by Diane Rehm with distinguished experts on the guidelines click here.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.