Thursday, November 11, 2010

A PERFECT STORM OF HEALTHY EATING?

Just read a short interview at www.mariasfarmcountrykitchen.com with Dr. Ayala Laufer-Cahana, MD.  Here is my favorite excerpt:

What’s the most important news story today that you think we all need to pay more attention to?
I think that the news about the obesity epidemic’s global dimensions, combined with growing concerns about rising healthcare costs, and the growing awareness of just how poor our eating habits and food have become, are creating a perfect storm. I have a feeling we’re reaching a tipping point in which being health conscious will become mainstream.


I so hope she's right about health consciousness becoming mainstream.  People need to have more positive things in common.  To this end, I think it's key to keep food politically neutral and to encourage everyone to share food and health research.   

Here's to your health!  

 

1 comment:

  1. Because I live in New York City where we literally have access to every kind of food imaginable, I didn't realize how food, especially in restaurants, is different outside the major cities. I don't mean to be dramatic, but from what I've seen, it is disgusting! Even the "healthy" options are filled with calories and not nutritious. I think Americans all need to get on the same page about what is healthy and really open their eyes to how we all should be eating.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.