Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A CHILI TO BELIEVE IN

I believe that if you impulsively buy dried black beans at the market because your eyes meet the eyes of the lady sorting and bagging them (which happened to me yesterday) and then a link to a recipe for Black Bean Chili from March, 2009 appears next to the Roasted Vegetables for Thanksgiving article you're reading in November, 2010  (which happened to me this morning) that you better make that chili (which I did). 

And guess what?!  Alice said, "That's the first thing you've made which I actually liked."  A miracle!!!!  I won't use up valuable blogging space to go on and on about my attempts to feed Alice healthy meals.  Let it suffice to say,  she's 13, has lousy eating habits, and is prone to hyperbole.    

Here's the recipe.  I did everything it said except I used fresh plum tomatoes instead of a 28 oz. can. ( There is no such thing as a can of tomatoes in my neighborhood whereas there are plum tomatoes by the bazillion.)

 She had a second bowl of it just now!


2 comments:

  1. I will definitely be making this chili during my cleanse. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to have a daughter with something positive to say! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.