Monday, September 27, 2010

Cream of Celery Soup for Breakfast, Why Not?

Yesterday while cutting up carrot and celery sticks for a potluck supper, I threw the top parts of the celery stems (no leaves) into a pot with some leftover onion, a garlic clove, and some salt, covered it with water, stuck the pot in the fridge and left the house in a rush.  

This morning I remembered it with some relief.  I added half a potato, brought it to a boil and simmered it until it was all soft.   Then I scooped it into the blender with some fresh cilantro and ahhhh, it's the perfect antidote to a partied-out tummy.

That potluck yesterday had everything from sushi to West African chicken and peanut stew to peach pie and lemon cake.  I ate it all.  

While my ingredients were cooking, I  googled cream of celery soup and next time I might follow this recipe:  Purée of Celery Soup.  But mine tastes PDG.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.